I've been working my way through a career self-assessment in one of my job hunting books, and a couple of the questions struck me as pretty interesting. Feel free to answer any of them or none at all! :-P
- What did you learn from your parents about work and money?
- What would you do if you only had a few months to live?
- Finish the following sentences:
"I don't like to admit it, but I really need..."
"When I was a child, I always wanted to be a..."
"Time passes more quickly for me when I'm..."
"One thing I've always done well is..."
Here are my answers:
- I learned that loyalty and the ability to pitch in to get done what needs to get done is important. I also learned that I should treat my employer's resources and business as if they were my own. With regard to money, I learned that I should live conservatively, not rack up a lot of debt and save a lot of my money.
- I would travel, I would give away all my stuff and live out of my suitcase. And I wouldn't pay my bills anymore and I would spend money like it was going out of style. ;-)
- "I don't like to admit it, but I really need a 6 hour work-day. I am useless for the last two hours of the day."
"When I was a child, I always wanted to be something that I no longer remember."
"Time passes more quickly for me when I am busy with a variety of tasks."
"One thing I've always done well is make lists."
5 comments:
1) Having watched my dad work for many years, and continuously improve at what he does, I know that there is no replacement for hard work and extensive experience. I've learned that money is nice to have. Why throw money at problems? Thats what its for.
2) I would travel as well, while simultaneously finishing off all of my fine bourbon collection. I would also smoke cigars without worrying about the consequences. I think the family would have to come on the travels, to make them worthwhile. And i guess, since im not gonna live, I will pay.
3)"I dont like to admit it but i really need to learn to trust people a little more"
"When i was a child a always wanted to be a doctor, a surgeon even"
"Time passes more quickly for me when i'm working hard"
"One thing i've always done well is teach, and explain complex things in simple terms"
"Why throw money at problems? Thats what its for." I couldn't agree more Michael.
1. Put your own desires / goals / happiness before that of others / employers. Always challenge yourself ot improve and make yourself more valuable.
2. Move to the country and buy a huge plot of land, build a big greenhouse. Start a pug farm/wonderland. Donate all my assets to find a cure for Pug Dog Encephalitis and other pug related ailments.
3.
"I don't like to admit it, but I really need to relax"
"When I was a child, I always wanted to be an engineer"
"Time passes more quickly for me when I'm sleeping"
"One thing I've always done well is solve my own problems"
1-working is good for you and having money is way better than not. use your money to make your life better and the lives of those you love. give money to charity.
2-spend time with family, read, relax and drink really good wine.
3- I don't like to admit it but I am very impatient.
When I was a child I wanted to be a teacher.
Time passes more quickly for me when I am shopping.
One thing I have always done well is is sew.
1) I have always learned to never give up, and that for every time you get knocked down in life, you have to get up one more time. Money is nice to have but to have people you can share it with is even better!
2) Do all the things I was too afraid to do before... "Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, and life like there is no tomorrow!"
3) "I don't like to admit it but I am very headstrong"
"When I was a child I wanted to be a teacher"
"Time passes more quickly for me when I am playing soccer"
"One thing I have always done well is lead"
1) Avoid bureaucrats (if you can). That meaningful work is better than work that provides a certain standard of living. Treat money as what it is: a means to an end and never and end in itself. That it is better to own few things of high quality than many things of average quality.
2) Write faster.
3) I don't like to admit it but I really need to be better organized. When I was a child, I always wanted to be a painter. Time passes more quickly for me when I'm reading a good book. One thing I've always done well is make good arguments.
Post a Comment