Ye Olde Debates Revisited

Fern, Dad: this one's for you.

7 comments:

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

That article doesn't exactly put Starbucks in a good light. This quote, for example: "Starbucks... wants those independents out of the way, and it frequently succeeds at displacing them through other means, such as buying a mom and pop's lease or intimidating them into selling out." While I'm glad that Starbucks often has the "reverse jinx" effect, some of the aspects of their business still make me cringe.

Ben said...

but you would actually have to read the article to figure that out,and by that time you have already wasted 10 minutes of your life.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Ben--You crack me up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Ruby said...

and you're a remarkably slow reader. might i recommend a cup of coffee?

Ben said...

If I actually read slate I would definitely need some.

Ryan Ruby said...

it's lucky then that there are enough wired interview-articles about interesting subjects like body farms to keep you awake.