Here is a snippet from the story:
The Borings claim that Google drove down Oakridge Lane -- a private road owned by residents -- and then further trespassed into their driveway to take a photo that includes their pool.
"If you were sitting in the pool, you'd see a Google vehicle right there close enough to hand them a drink," said Moskal. "It's fortuitous that no one was in the pool."
Google spokesman Larry Yu said the company is "looking into the details" of the Boring lawsuit. He said it's the first time Google's been sued over the year-old Street View project.
Lawyers say they don't think suing Google over Street View photos will become a huge trend. Like any member of the public, Google is allowed to take pictures from public streets.
What do you think? Who should win? Do you care if Google takes a photo from the street in front of your house and makes that image available on the internet? Would your opinion change if you happened to be out front when they took the photo?
7 comments:
Google cant get into my family's gated community! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!
oh wait,
nevermind.
I think they could physically get in, but I think the fact that it is a gated community would clue them in that filming in the community would probably be frowned upon and they'd decide that the bad PR wouldn't be worth it.
A few thoughts:
1) These people are called The Borings.
2) What kind of drink are we talking about here? Crystal Light?
LOL Ryan! BTW, you promised me a letter...
They should sue their ancestors for giving them their last name.
If anyone can drive down their road and see their house at anytime then I don't see how it could be illegal for the Google van to do it. If I saw the google people drive by my house I'd wave and offer them drinks!
If a google van tried to drive down my street they would probably get stuck, and if I was out front I would probably laugh.
Aww I was hoping they were skinny dipping in their pool or doing naughties in their bedroom window, but no. I did look up my home in Orange once on google street view and saw my cars. I thought it was weird.
Clarissa.
Post a Comment