Everyone is having babies!

SO, i just wanted to let everyone know that i delivered my first 3 babies this past tuesday night/wednesday morning. All 3 boys. The first boy was one of a set of twins, but i did not deliver his older brother. This first baby was also born via Caesarian Section, so i reached into a cut open uterus and pulled him out. He is in the NICU now, because he had some placental problems (not because of me). I also sutured shut his mom's belly, which was fun.
The other two boys were born the old fashioned way: With lots of screaming and about 20 people in the room. But its all good, because when you are delivering the baby everyone pretty much listens to what you say, which is nice.
I am on call 2 more nights, so i hope to deliver at least 5 more babies. We can talk about it next time i see everyone. Or we can talk about something else.
Either way,
I got work to do.

-m

6 comments:

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Do you like OB/GYN? Is it something you might be interested in as a practice area?

Deanne said...

Congratulations on your babies! If I had college to do over again I would be an OB nurse. I find the whole practice of labor and delivery pretty fascinating. I would love to hear about it next time we see you!

Marilyn or Rick said...

Congratulations Michael!!!!! As your mother I am so proud.....three boys.....well, I guess it's probably easier to deliver them....then to raise them...

m

Lauren said...

michael that is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick said...

michael, I hope you were crankin' NOFX in the delivery room... shouldn't that be the first thing they hear when they enter the world...?!

Anonymous said...

congratulations michael...ive got a new set of steak knives if you want to borrow them for your next rotation...