I thought it would be easiest to put this in new post.
UNC is a large facility, with four separate but attached hospitals, with a fifth hospital under construction. I am on the Surgical Oncology service. I haven't gotten to take pictures yet because i have only had one day off and had to use that for clerical type business.
Anyways, we do lots of surgery, and i have seen a lot of interesting things. Also, from day one they have let me do quite a bit of cutting and suturing, which of course, makes me happy. I probably work 16 hours a day, and am in the OR 3 or 4 days a week.
I like this program quite a bit, and if given the opportunity, would definitely return for my residency. Chapel Hill, is nice. Small, but nice. I don't think UNC is in session right now though, so its fairly quiet. When I get next weekend off i shall explore, and post some pics after that.
-m
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad cutting and suturing makes you happy. Myself, I'm a little queasy just thinking about it. However, I am in awe of surgeons and their ability and talent. When I had the melanoma on my back removed last February, I was very grateful the surgeon did such a nice job.
I have heard that the Chapel Hill, NC is very nice, so I hope you get a chance to do some exploring before you leave.
I'm glad you're getting to do good stuff so far. A new show that I really like is Hopkins. Michael, you probably don't have much time for t.v. but if you ever watch it let me know what you think. It seems pretty realistic, but then what do I know?
Well, Michael, if all goes as hoped, maybe we all will be doing some exploring of Chapel Hill.
We miss you,
Mom
Post a Comment