Congrats to Phillies

Congrats to the Phillies on their winning the National League pennant. They certainly outplayed the Dodgers and deserve a chance to best the American League champion. Manny is still unbelievable and I wish the Dodgers had Victorino. Good Luck Phillies. Ben enjoy the series, I am jealous as I have never been to a World Series game.

9 comments:

Ben said...

What I don't get was why the Dodger's fans booed Victorino. He has to be one of the nicest guys in baseball, he even tried to cheer up Furcal after his 3 errors.

I have tickets to WS Game 5 and will probably have the opportunity to get tickets to game 3 or 4. David might even be able to go if I can get tickets to game 3. But now I am torn, I could definitely get 1000 a piece for the tickets.

Roberta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roberta said...

Selling your World Series tickets on e-bay, $1,000.00

Attending a World Series game with your brother, priceless!

Congrats to the Phillies, National League Champs. See you next week, Ben.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

The Phillies definitely showed up to play more often than the Dodgers. The Dodgers played like a team who is a year away from being World Series contenders and the Phillies played like veterans.

Victorino didn't have that great of a series against the Dodgers, so I'm not sure things would have been that different if he had switched teams.

Ben said...

On Victorino... he didn't have great stats vs. the Dodgers but he won at least 2 games in the series. One with his legs, forcing Furcal to hurry his throw, in game 1 and another with his glove in game 2. Plus he hit the game tying home run in game 3.

The Dodgers may have a bunch of guys that put up good numbers over 162 games, but they just aren't clutch. They come up small defensively and at the plate when it really counts. Some players just don't have what it takes to be playoff performers (see A. Rodriguez). The current Dodgers lineup just doesnt have what it takes. They need more players like Victorino and less players like Ethier, Furcal and Martin.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I don't know which Dodgers you are talking about Ben. Ethier, for example, had a great post season. If I remember correctly, he was batting well over .400 and had several clutch hits, not to mention was solid defensively. Martin struggled offensively, but he is still really young and was pressing too hard. Furcal is going to be a perrenial all-star, but was out the entire season with an injury and only made it back a couple of games before the post-season.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

You can keep Victorino. We'll see you next year.

Ben said...

Enjoy the World Series!

Keep thinking positive thoughts about those Dodgers, maybe they will come true next year.

The Sagacious Man said...

Hey Ben. My flight comes in on Thursday night. at Philly International at 1703 EST. I am coming in on US Airways flight #3253. Shoot me an email if you need more info.