The Most Dangerous Branch

Awhile back I had a conversation with a Larry or Ryan, or maybe it was Richard, about which branch of government had become most powerful in the 20th century and ergo had the most opportunity to be dangerous. The most recent issue of Yale's law journal is dedicated to that subject so I thought I would pass along a link to it: Pocket Part (the Yale Law Review's website/blog).

2 comments:

Ryan Ruby said...

I think this dovetails rather nicely with the previous conversation.

Back in 2004 I wrote a paper entitled "Ausnahmezustand 9-11: Slouching Towards Sovreignty" (the A word is German for "State of Exception," Carl Schmitt's term for security crises that permit the suspension of constitutional normalcy) which, I think has some relevance to this subject. If anyone's interested, I can send it to you.

Ryan Ruby said...

except of course, in the actual paper i spelled it sovereignty...