Why do we "Say Cheese" when taking a photograph? Who invented cheese and was it an accident? Our predecessors must have been a pretty adventurous bunch. I mean, it would not occur to me to try drinking the liquid that comes out of a cow or goat's utters. I mean, really! Who thought, "Man, that is some thick, white goodness, I need to try that?"
Cheese!
Why do we "Say Cheese" when taking a photograph? Who invented cheese and was it an accident? Our predecessors must have been a pretty adventurous bunch. I mean, it would not occur to me to try drinking the liquid that comes out of a cow or goat's utters. I mean, really! Who thought, "Man, that is some thick, white goodness, I need to try that?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
What was someone thinking when they first found a round hard white thing coming from a chicken's rear end, cracked it open, saw the clear and yellow slimy stuff resembling snot and said "yum, I must eat that!"
I like cheddar and swiss, depending on what they are put on/in. Cheddar in quesadillas, swiss on a turkey sandwich.
Last time I checked eggs did.
Cheddar is one of my favorites. I'm not sure what , exactly Velveeta is in the cheese world, but I love it. I'm also fond of feta and goat cheese in salads and on pizza!
Ben--Deanne was coming up with another wierd phenomenon in response to the line in my post that said, "it would not occur to me to try drinking the liquid that comes out of a cow or goat's utters. I mean, really! Who thought, "Man, that is some thick, white goodness, I need to try that?" She didn't imply the cheese or milk has anything to do with chickens. Rather she was suggesting that eggs seem like a pretty wierd choice of food when you think about the fact that they come out of a chicken's rear end and look like snot when they are uncooked.
Mom--I know exactly what Ben was doing.
i think people say cheese when they take a picture because if they say chEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEse, saying the E sound naturally makes the mouth look like a smile.
Sorry to confuse with the non-sequitor.
I knew Ben was being silly
Deanne--You're just used to hanging out with us ADD folks who make wierd connections between subjects. :-)
Well, I for one don't think Deanne's comment was a non-sequitor. I think it was related to part of the conversation we were having regarding why in the world did some ancient human see milk coming out of a cow's utters and think that he wanted a taste!? Likewise, who in the world thought that something that looked like snot and comes out of a chicken's rear end was ripe for eating?!
Thank you Fern, I knew you'd understand. My household is frequently one big giant non-sequitor!
limberger
why they wanted a taste? i dont know.
however, i can reccomend a book that tangentially hints at an answer.
"intoxication" believe the author is siegel from ucla. he talks about humans mimicking behavior of animals. for example: coffee and cacao. herders in ethiopia noted that animals would eat coffee beans and that their behavior would change, hyper more energy etc.
inca noted that llama etc would eat cacao (sp) leaf that would help them endure the high altitudes.
That's interesting Larry and makes sense.
Post a Comment