I just found a word that I am in lust with.
Picaresque. It means "of or involving clever rogues or adventurers." Apparently it also refers to a particular genre of Spanish adventure tales. What word are you currently in lust with? I know you have one. We won't laugh. Spit it out.
10 comments:
I thought of another one: quotidian. What a fantastically bizarre word to describe something that is commonplace.
propinquity: a long time fave. and also hermeneutics, the fifty-cent word for interpretation, especially because a person who engages in it would be hermeneut, or even better a hermenewt.
otherwise, any of those nifty and snobby neologisms associated with postmodern literary theory like différance, discursivity, legitimation, and metanarrative.
My personal favorite is ubiquitous. It means 'seeming to be everywhere'.
Mom--Your favorite word is a very apropos choice in light of our conversation yesterday about doing two things at once. :-)
anti-pinquity
Semper Fi
Larrry! Are you just being funny or are you really anti-kinship????
haberdashery
cadence
cosmopolitan
turpitude
inviolate
juxtapose
macabre
a literary term (it's a word too *=) that i'm in lust with lately is "merism". A "merism" is a figure of speech by which a single thing is referred to by a conventional phrase that enumerates several of its parts (as defined by Wikipedia), i.e. "bread and butter", or "lock stock and barrel".
can you guys think of more merisms? it's fun.
rrroberta! you found me out.
nice pun dad.
just because i'm "pro-pink" doesn't mean that i can't enjoy "wit-tea."
Post a Comment