Cezanne & Pissarro


So who wants to go to the Cezanne and Pissarro exhibit at LACMA? It's there until January 16.

"Pioneering Modern Painting: Cezanne and Pissarro 1865–1885 offers an unprecedented opportunity to examine the parallel creative paths of these two artists, both through their common choices of subject matter and through their intense exploration of new pictorial processes. Camille Pissarro and Paul Cezanne worked together intermittently from the moment they met at the Suisse Art School in 1861 until 1885. The exhibition reveals how modernism developed through acts of exchange and discussion as the artists painted together in Pontoise and Auvers in France’s Oise River Valley. The presentation features an insightful collection of landscapes, still lifes, and portraits—including many that depict exactly the same motif and that are reunited for the first time since they were created." ~From the LACMA website

P.S. the computer/blog really doesnt like the accent in Cézanne.

15 comments:

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Ari--Gramma has special tickets to this event. I am good to go anytime during my speing break (mid-December to early January). I think Gramma has been waiting for my mom and your dad to give her a list of their available days so that she can order the tickets.

Michael said...

Rebecca and I would be interested in going ... our schedules are pretty packed, but we can try to find a time that will work.
-m

Ryan Ruby said...

I also will be in town during that time (December10-January 3rd, jury duty permitting) and I'd love to accompany you all.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Uhh...speing = winter. :-P

Lauren said...

can i go?

The Sagacious Man said...

Ill go. I am in an Art History class and I get extra credit if I go to art museums and do a little type up of what I saw there.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Can all of you post when you are available to go to this event? That way when Gramma gets back from her trip we can tell her how many tickets to buy and for what date.

Roberta said...

When Grandma/Mom gets back from her trip let's try and pick a date for the museum trip. Are we leaning towards a weekend or a weekday outing????

Roberta said...

Possible dates: Sat Dec 17, Sun Dec 18, Mon Dec 19, Tue Dec 20, Thurs Dec 22, Fri Dec 23 or any weekend in January would work for Rob, Roberta and David.

Michael said...

uhoh, this'll be tough with the dates that have already been proposed ... I cant go until after christmas cuz i will either still be in school or i will be in alabama. I can go alone between christmas and new years, any day ... and after that Rebecca comes back and we can go any weekend barring a test on monday.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Mom all the dates you listed work for me.

Roberta said...

Everyone: What about January 7th or 8th?

Ryan Ruby said...

i agree with Michael. pre-christmas is the best for me, as my second term starts just after new years.

Roberta said...

Ryan--Michael said he can't go until AFTER Xmas.

People, please list dates and times you are available. It seems like there is a lot of interest in the exhibit, so perhaps we can get tickets for two different dates (pre-Xmas and post-Xmas) to accommodate everyone.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I can go anytime between the 17th of December and the 8th of January. Any weekend in January also works for me.