Putting a picture of yourself on the stamp (which you can do by going to this website) that you use to send out your engagement announcement cards? Putting your picture on stamps in general (for non-nuptial purpose)?
I've heard the advertisements for this product and I think it is a fun idea. It doesn't have to be a picture of oneself you put on the invitation, which comes across as vain and self-centered, but other images would be fun and appropriate. For instance, what about a picture of the family menorah for Chanukah cards or a picture of the church on a wedding invitation?
So is that a "nay" on putting your own mug on the stamp but a "yay" on customizable stamps in general? If so, I agree. I was thinking of getting some with my cats on them.
What about the opportunity to honor someone special. Someone the postoffice hasn't had a chance to honor. You could make apolitical statement. Or perhaps a creative artistic statement. Maybe we should have a special stamp for Rachel's Bat Mitzvah?
5 comments:
I've heard the advertisements for this product and I think it is a fun idea. It doesn't have to be a picture of oneself you put on the invitation, which comes across as vain and self-centered, but other images would be fun and appropriate. For instance, what about a picture of the family menorah for Chanukah cards or a picture of the church on a wedding invitation?
So is that a "nay" on putting your own mug on the stamp but a "yay" on customizable stamps in general? If so, I agree. I was thinking of getting some with my cats on them.
Right! That would be very cute to have stamps with your kitties on them.
What about the opportunity to honor someone special. Someone the postoffice hasn't had a chance to honor. You could make apolitical statement. Or perhaps a creative artistic statement. Maybe we should have a special stamp for Rachel's Bat Mitzvah?
M
That's a cool idea Marilyn. I bet Rick could design something really cool for Rachel's Bat Mitzvah.
Post a Comment