Mozilla Firefox

For those of you who are not already using Firefox as your internet browser (Ben and Alex, you can probably skip this post) you should definitely consider switching over. Mick suggested that I download it last night (which took less than a minute, BTW) and I am totally amazed that I had been using the evil Bill Gates browser for so long. It is amazingly easy and intuitive. Learn more and download it here. Also, Firfox will transfer all of your bookmarks and page viewing history (if you so desire) so there is absolutely no hassle in switching over (and Firefox's system for bookmarking a website is a million times better than Internet Explorer).

The hands down best reason to download Firefox is that their logo is really cool and will look spiffy on your desktop:

15 comments:

Michael said...

i already use it too, i do like it, but i think internet explorer had many things that i miss .... like i cant get firefox to pop-up display captions to pictures when i scroll over them .... then again .... i havent tried, Ill do that now i guess
-m

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

You know, I thought you probably used firefox Michael. I was just thinking to myself that I should probably edit my post to include you when I saw your comment. :-)

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Ben--What's your favorite website? Maybe I can check to see if it now works with firefox. I just went on to Netflix and it looks like rollover popups work.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Firefox seems to work on that site but I am not really familiar with newsfutures.com so I can't tell if there are things that firefox is screwing up.

Marilyn or Rick said...

Why is Bill Gates evil?

Marilyn or Rick said...

Someone explain more about this to me.....if I install Firefox what am I replacing. Is it hard to get rid of it if I dont like it?

m

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Marilyn--You would use firefox instead of internet explorer, but firefox doesn't necessarily "replace" IE per se. If you don't like it, you can easily delete firefox by going to the add/remove hardware icon in the control panel.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

What I mean by not replacing IE is that you can--if you want--have both on your computer and use both. But firefox does everything IE does and more (as far as I can tell).

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Ugh, I hate that stupid links folder. I keep on deleting it and it keeps on resurecting itself...not anymore...!

Marilyn or Rick said...

Ben, I installed it today and it is version 1.07, did you buy 1.5?

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Marilyn--1.5 is the beta version. I downloaded the 1.07 version that you did because I didn't want to deal with any potential bugs even thought using the beta version would mean access to better features.

The Sapience said...

yeah last time i reinstalled firefox after i formatted, all the pages bounced. yep... they bounced. but i'm sure that's been worked out by now. yet, i still feel like sticking with IE, because i visit a lot of IE specific sites.

Richard said...

I use Firefox, and their email client, Thunderbird. They're pretty good products, but not perfect. There are a few sites I use that are not optimized for Firefox, and so I keep IE around.

The Sapience said...

i'm stickin to IE and microsoft. i'm computer smart enough to make them work perfect for me.

Marilyn or Rick said...

I removed it today.....didn't know what to do with all the differences. It was work resetting IE, too.

Marilyn