The above picture is me standing at the corner of Madison Dr. and 7th Street. In case you needed further evidence of my nerdiness, I was so excited to take a picture with a Madison street sign (James Madison is the father of our Constitution and the 4th President). I can't remember if that is the National Archives or the Treasury Building behind me. The picture to the right is of the columns in front of the Supreme Court building. Below are pictures of the Capitol Building and White House. I took all of these pics (and about 50 more) on a whirlwind trip of pretty much every important spot in D.C. that I squeezed in between the conference and my flight home. Basically I did most of D.C. in 3.5 hours.
Fern's Washington D.C. Trip
The above picture is me standing at the corner of Madison Dr. and 7th Street. In case you needed further evidence of my nerdiness, I was so excited to take a picture with a Madison street sign (James Madison is the father of our Constitution and the 4th President). I can't remember if that is the National Archives or the Treasury Building behind me. The picture to the right is of the columns in front of the Supreme Court building. Below are pictures of the Capitol Building and White House. I took all of these pics (and about 50 more) on a whirlwind trip of pretty much every important spot in D.C. that I squeezed in between the conference and my flight home. Basically I did most of D.C. in 3.5 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
fern
sounds like a great trip. one of these days i will also get to dc.
go federalists!
by the way william safire is a columnist for the ny times. william crystal edits the weekly standard and hangs at fox.....meeting either gentleman would be most exciting.
larry
DOH! I met Bill Crystal of the Weekly Standard. Don't tell him I got his last name confused. He is very short. Probably about 5'5.
i wont tell him you got him mixed up with safire. im sure he would think it was a compliment. safire is a brilliant writer, one of the only conservative voices at the ny times.
i read the standard couple times a month.
tell me about the federalist society meeting. is the society conservative or more libertarian
Larry--The Fed-Soc is about evenly split as far as conservatives and libertarians go. I'd say there are more libertarians amount the student chapter presidents than there are in the lawyers division, but that is probably to be expected. I think Epstein is going to be coming out in February to speak at Chapman. We have a host of other really cool speakers. I'll keep you updated if you're interested. For example, Justice Scalia is coming in August, Viet Dinh (author of the Patriot Act) is coming in September and John Lott (author of More Guns Less Crime and a fellow at AEI) is coming in October. I'm also trying to put together a debate about the judicial confirmation process and what criteria should be used in the selection of a Supreme Court justice for Constitution Day (Sept. 17th). Anyway, it should be a fantastic year, I have big plans for Chapman's chapter.
wow
im impressed. you are doing great things with the federalist society.
would love to hear epstein speak. i take it you liked the book....
Post a Comment