Fun Websites: Futures Trading & Potential U.S. Supreme Court Nominees

I thought I'd share a couple of fun websites with you guys. As Ben can can explain far better than I, you can "buy" futures in all sorts of wierd things...even potential Supreme Court justices. I learned about these two websites from one of my favorite Supreme Court blogs, (well actually it is a sister site to my favorite SCOTUSblog) Supreme Court Nomination Blog. Both Supreme Court blogs are non-partisan websites (run by the only law firm--Goldstein&Howe--specializing in Supreme Court advocacy) dedicated to discussing the goings on of the Supreme Court. SCOTUSblog is often the fastest way to learn of Supreme Court decisions, faster even than the mainstream media.

Anyway, you can trade shares of potential Supreme Court justices at two different websites (the first is free the second you really do have to pay for shares):

1) Professor Kevin McGuire's website
2) TradeSports.com (click on "legal" on the left hand side and then on "supreme court")

No comments: