Travel Spin Off

My Dad's post directely below this post, got me thinking...What countries would you like to visit (that you have not already) and why?

Here are mine:

Israel--Because every Jew should. I especially want to see Mount Masada and the Western Wall.

Czech Republic--I'd really like to see Prague. I had such a wonderful time in Hungary last summer that I'd really like to explore the rest of Eastern Europe.

Poland--I speak Polish, so I think I should visit the one country where that skill might actually be useful. And also the Eastern Europe thing.

Austria--I've heard Vienna is a neat city, it's the sister city to Budapest and I LOVED Budapest.

Scotland, Ireland and Australia--They all speak English. I especially want to go to Ireland and Australia.

Costa Rica--I'd like to see their rain forests

Brazil--I want to go to Rio Di Janeiro during Carnival.

Japan--I've studied Japanese Art History and have a lot of respect for Japanese aesthetic. I'd like to see the stuff I've learned about.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

fern
didnt realize you spoke fluent polish...
if i were going to poland it would be to go to auschwitz
larry

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Well...I'm not quite fluent. I couldn't read a newspaper or anything. But I know more than enough to get around.

Anonymous said...

when did you learn your polish....
by the way a question: ive noticed that my three posts show up with "edit" box next to it. no one else has that. am i doing something incorrectly.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Larry--You're not doing anything wrong. You are allowed to edit your own posts (but not your comments). You aren't allowed to edit anyone else's posts, so the edit icon doesn't show up next to their posts.

I learned Polish by using a computer CD-ROM program called Rosetta Stone. The CIA and the State Department use Rosetta Stone to quickly train their agents before sending them abroad. It is a very good program for quickly picking up another language. It is supposed to mimic the way you learned English. Next on my list is Hebrew. I want to be fluent before we go for my Mom's 50th birthday.

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting me know that i was posting ok...
ive heard of the rosetta stone program...thought of using it to refresh my chinese....
why do you need to know hebrew by the time your mom reaches fifty.

Roberta said...

Why does Fern want to learn Hebrew by the time her mom turns 50? Answer: because we (the English family) is going to Israel to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Roberta

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Larry--LOL. Yeah, I kinda left out some important info there. As my mom explained above, we are going to Israel for my mom's 50th.

Anonymous said...

how nice is that...at least you have 12 years to learn the language.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Larry--Kiss up.

Anonymous said...

cheezy isnt it..

Marilyn or Rick said...

Larry,

How charming....but she's your sister, you don't have to flatter.