Correlation between less posts and better comments?
I haven't been posting as much this week because I am so busy with school. But it seems that the lower quantity of posts has lead to better discussions in the comment sections of the posts that do exist. Maybe this is because the same posts remain at the top making it easier to see that new comments have been added? Do you think that less quantity (of posts) leads to better quality (of comments) on the blog? Or do you think that as we (as a family) get better at blogging (i.e. posting on more interesting things, perhaps?) the comments have improved?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Since "quality" is an indefinite, and therefore immeasurable attribute of the entity known as a "post," one can not compare relative goodness and badness between given posts, and one therefore cannot establish correlations between this attribute and the otherwise measurable attribute of the number of posts. even if one were to arbitrarily assign a "value" to said posts, one would then be confronted by the issue of having enough input over a long enough period of time to provide enough data with which to answer the correlation question, which admittedly is but a practical question that would be, on principle, satisfiable, but only given the arbitrary starting point stated above. The only reason I mention of course is that I love having the opportunity to actually get to put my degree to use...:)
Oh, my! Can you explain that in English?
I don't think the number of posts affects the quality of comments. It seems as though some topics really 'tickle our fancy' and thus, get a lot of comments.
Ryan--I'm not even sure where to begin. I think I need to chew on your comment for a sec.
Mom--I'm not talking about quantity of comments. It seems that the level of discourse (i.e. the quality of the comments) has improved with less new posts.
I don't necessarily think it's related to number of posts, but whether or not the posts are grabbing us.
Post a Comment