Miss, Ms, Mrs ???
I am kind of annoyed that I am "supposed" to change my title now that I am married. I don't have any problem changing my last name, I want everyone to know that I am in Mick's family and I want my children to have the same last name of both of their parents. BUT, why do I have to be a Mrs? Why isn't there some sort of change in title for men when they get married? Why can't I be Ms. Richardson? I think it's lame and sexist. So, please call me Ms. Richardson. Anyone else with me on this one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't have a problem with different roles for men and women according to the innate differences between the two sexes. I am just annoyed that once I am married I have to use a different title while my husband doesn't.
When I got married I didn't want to be called Mrs. or Ms. The first sounded to old and the second sounded to feminist. Just call me Roberta English.
Now, I don't mind being called Mrs., in fact I like it, I've earned it! But, I still don't like being called Ms.
Dear Ms. Richardson,
Under law you can call yourself anything you want.
Besides, if someone says they want to be called by a specific name I think it is only polite to accomodate, unless it's something really weird or offensive.
Post a Comment